- How do I create a Category Discount?
- What is a Category Discount used for?
- How does a Category Discount apply?
To access your discounts, you must first navigate to the Settings & Configuration Block and then select the Discounts Block.
How do I create a Category Discount?
What is a Category Discount used for?
This discount will be applied to any products in the cart that are a member of the selected category. So if you wanted to run a sale on all Blackbird flower products, you could create a discount with the category type.
How does a Category Discount apply?
- Category discounts apply automatically when inventory/products within a certain category are added to an order.
- When creating the category discount, you will have the option to select either a global category (flower, pre-roll, vape, etc.)
- You will only be able to select one category per discount.
- As is the case with all discounts, you can remove category discount from one or all of the items in an order if they do not wish to honor the discount.
Please Note: We recommend against POS integration clients using this type of discount. The dispensary should use a different discount type, such as 'Order', and use a very descriptive discount name in order for budtenders to know what the category discount is and then can manually enter.