Below, you will find the requirements to be met prior your scheduled product pickup. With your help, we can get your products where you want them ASAP.
If your items are direct deliveries to facilities other than Blackbird, please use the Packaging & Labeling Guide for Cannabis in California article. We appreciate your team following these requirements.
- All items must be fully boxed, no loose items, bags or bulging boxes. Oil jugs or sealed
- Packages must be clean and free of contaminants that may damage other packages or our staff.
- Packages must not exceed 50lbs.
- Packages must be fully packed and ready for shipment at the start of the agreed pickup
- All packages must be sealed with tamper evident shipping tape.
- Dimension Requirements (L=length, W=width, H=height):
Minimum: 12L x 6W x 6H (inches)
Maximum: 30L x 20W x 16H (inches)
Double wall corrugated cardboard.
Burst Strength rating of 200 lb. per sq.in or more.
Please Note: Cartons which do not meet size requirements does require written
approval prior to use. Please email a photo of box with size dimensions for approval
Package Labeling Requirements
- METRC does not allow Packages to contain more than one Item (as defined by the California Track and Trace). Variety packs will need to be separated into different METRC. Packages for transport and fulfillment, unless the quality assurance test was processed as a blended test.
- Each METRC Package must have the top portion of the unique identifier (UID) label securely affixed to the box/container.
- If you are placing several METRC Packages inside one larger parcel for transfer, Affix the lower portion of the UID labels to the upper left corner of the larger parcel; to the right of the shipping label. Alternatively, you can affix a white label of all the Package UIDs contained in the parcel.
- Each set of parcels must have a primary parcel; this should be the first parcel in the lot. The primary parcel must contain the invoice; each additional parcels must be numbered 1/20, 2/20, etc.
- If the contents need to be transported, stored and delivered with a vertical orientation, a “THIS SIDE UP ↑” sticker needs to be applied prior to pick up
Please Note: ALL ITEMS MUST HAVE THE SHIPPING LABEL ATTACHED PRIOR TO PICK-UP
Certificate of Analysis
- If Previously Tested: Pursuant to § 5306. of BCC regulations, a printed copy of the Certificate of Analysis (COA) must be enclosed for transportation. Write “COA Enclosed” next to the shipping label on the primary parcel. Place the corresponding COAs in the sealed parcel or in the packing slip.
- If Lab Testing Requested: Write “Lab Test Request” next to the shipping label on the package, along with the name of your preferred lab.
Instructions to Attach the Shipping Label:
- From your Delivery Tracking page, locate your order and click on “Manifest” to the right to download the manifest.
- Print a number of copies equal to your parcel count.
- Fold the Shipping Manifest in quarters so that the upper left portion is visible showing the following Shipping Manifest information: Shipper, Receiver, Distributor and Shipment Details (See Example Below).
- Attach the folded Shipping Manifest to each parcel in the upper left portion of the widest side of the parcel using clear packaging tape or a packing slip.
Learn more about wholesale facility deliveries in California...
That’s pretty much all there is to managing your inventory transfers in California! If you have any further questions, feel free to reach us anytime by clicking on the help chat in the bottom left of your screen. We’re always happy to help!