Below, you will find the requirements to be met prior your scheduled product pickup. With your help, we can get your products where you want them ASAP.
If your items are direct deliveries to facilities other than Blackbird, please use the Packaging & Labeling Guide for Cannabis in California article. We appreciate your team following these requirements.
- All items must be fully boxed, no loose items, bags or bulging boxes. Oil jugs or sealed buckets should be placed inside secondary container box.
- Packages must be clean and free of contaminants that may damage other packages or our staff.
- Packages must not exceed 50lbs.
- Packages must be fully packed and ready for shipment at the start of the agreed pickup window, each stop is allotted 30 minutes for pickups.
- Packages must be sealed with tamper evident shipping tape.
- Double wall corrugated cardboard.
- Burst Strength rating of 200 lb. per sq.in or more.
- Dimension Requirements (L=length, W=width, H=height):
Minimum: 12L x 6W x 6H (inches)
Maximum: 30L x 20W x 16H (inches)
Special Note: If you are unsure of the size of the box, email a photo of box with size dimensions for approval from your designated Blackbird distribution hub. Boxes that do not meet size requirements does require written approval prior to use.
Package Labeling Requirements
- Packages must have a primary parcel; this should be the first package in the lot. The primary package must contain the invoice; each additional package must be numbered 1/20, 2/20, etc.
If Previously Tested: Pursuant to § 5306. of BCC regulations, a printed copy of the
Certificate of Analysis (COA) must be enclosed for transportation. Write “COA Enclosed” next to the shipping label on the primary package. Place the corresponding COAs in the sealed package or in the packing slip.
If Lab Testing Requested: Write “Lab Test Request” next to the shipping label on the package, along with the name of your preferred lab.
☐ If the contents need to be transported, stored and delivered with a vertical orientation, a “THIS SIDE UP ↑” sticker needs to be applied prior to pick up.
- Packages must have an SKU/Batch Number attached to the upper left corner of the box reflecting each item(s) enclosed. If you are using METRC, place the UID label in the upper left corner; to the right of the shipping label.
- Packages must have an item count for individual contents written in the upper left of the box to the right of the manifest.
Special Note: METRC does not allow Packages to contain more than one Item (as defined by the California Track and Trace). Variety packs will need to be separated into different METRC Packages for transport and fulfillment.
All items must have the shipping label attached prior to pick up. Please see below for instructions on how to attach the shipping label correctly.
Instructions to Attach the Shipping Label
From your Delivery Tracking page, locate your order and click on “Manifest” to the right to download the manifest.
- Print the same number of copies equal to your parcel count.
- Fold the Shipping Manifest in quarters so that the upper left portion is visible showing the following Shipping Manifest information: Shipper, Receiver, Distributor and Shipment Details
- Attach the folded Shipping Manifest to each package in the upper left portion of the widest side of the package using clear packaging tape.
That’s pretty much all there is to managing your inventory transfers! If you have any further questions, feel free to reach us anytime by clicking on the help chat in the bottom left of your screen. We’re always happy to help!