Receipt Printer Setup
Get Hardware Ready
1. Make sure all necessary hardware and paper materials have been purchased, you can reference requirements here.
2. Correctly install the receipt printer paper into the printer
3. Confirm printer is on and plugged into POS device via cable
4. Select and associate the receipt printer on your POS device
- Open your printer settings on your POS deviceFor example, on a PC this can be found by: Going to Windows Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners
- The device should automatically detect the receipt printer after it is connected
Special Note: If the receipt printer doesn’t automatically appear on the printers list, you can search for the specific printer. Search for: EPSON_TM_T88V
- After the computer detects the printer, it should be labeled: EPSON_TM_T88V
Special Note: Printer name must be exact in order for the printer to be found. It is case sensitive.
Special Note: If the receipt printer name reads differently, you can edit the name by going through the following steps: Click the Epson Printer > Manage Printer > Printer Properties> General > Select the Printer Name field and edit to read EPSON TM_T88V. Click apply and okay.
5. Perform a test print
- Click the Epson printer > Manage Printer > Print a Test Page
6. Confirm that a test page has printed before moving on to testing the receipt with the MyBlackbird software
Connect Printer to MyBlackbird Software
1. Make sure all necessary drivers and programs have been downloaded, you can reference requirements here
2. Search for QZ Tray driver in on your device and open the application
3. Make sure the application is set to automatically start when the computer does. You can do this by right-clicking on the application icon
4. Next, open the MyBlackbird software and navigate to the Sales Block, then the Order History Block
5. Click on a previous order, then select on ‘Reprint Receipt’. The receipt should print.
6. Your receipt printer is setup and ready to use!
If you experience any issues regarding your receipt printers, please refer to the troubleshooting section below.
Special Note: The setup process for the receipt and label printers are almost identical. You can view the label printer setup and troubleshooting tips here.
Printer Error Message from the MyBlackbird Software
1.Go to your computer start up and find your Printers + Devices settings
2.Attempt to clear your print queue completely
3.Confirm that the Epson_TM_T88V printer is marked as your default printer
4.Go to your Order History Block and open a past order
5.Refresh the page 2-3 times and attempt to print a receipt
QZ Tray Error Message from the MyBlackbird Software
1.Go to your computer start up and the QZ Tray app
2.Confirm that the QZ Tray app is open and running on your computer
3.Go to your Order History Block and open a past order
4.Refresh the page 2-3 times and attempt to print a receipt
Not Receiving any Error Messages from the MyBlackbird Software
1.Confirm that the printer is completely connected to the computer and turned on
2.Confirm that the printer paper has been put in correctly and facing the right way
3.Confirm that the printer is not jammed
4.Press the feed button once to reset the printer
That’s pretty much all there is to the required hardware for the POS! If you have any further questions, feel free to reach us anytime by clicking on the help chat in the bottom left of your screen. We’re always happy to help!